To organize your code with GitHub, follow these steps:
1. Sign up for GitHub: Go to https://github.com and sign up if you don't already have an account. If you already have an account, please sign in.
2. Install Git: Go to https://git-scm.com/downloads and download the Git installer for your operating system. Install Git following the installer's instructions.
3. Setting up Git: Open a terminal (on Linux and macOS) or command line (on Windows) and run the following commands to set up your username and email address for Git:
arduinoCopy code git config --global user.name "your name" git config --global user.email "firstname.lastname@example.org"
4. Create a new repository on GitHub: Go to https://github.com and click the «New» button in the top left corner, or follow the direct link: https://github.com/new. Enter a name for the repository, select visibility (public or private), and optionally add a README file, license, and .gitignore. Click the «Create repository» button.
5. Clone the repository on your computer: Open a terminal or command prompt and navigate to the directory where you want to store your repository. Then run the following command, replacing https://github.com/your_username/your_repository.git with the URL of your repository:
bashCopy code git clone https://github.com/your_username/your_repository .git
6. Add files to your repository: Move or copy your project files to the directory of the repository you just cloned.
7. Commit your changes: Open a terminal or command prompt, navigate to your repository directory and run the following commands:
sqlCopy code git add . git commit -m "Initial commit"
8. Push your changes to GitHub: Run the following command to push your changes to GitHub:
cssCopy code git push origin main
Your code is now organized and stored on GitHub . You can use the Git version control system to track changes, collaborate with other developers, and easily share your code.
- Если Вам понравилась статья, рекомендуем почитать
- Russian backup systems: The main advantages of Rubackup
- Disk Drill: Data recovery at the highest level