1. Estimating total energy expenditure by multiplying your body weight by 30-35 calories per kilogram. If you are overweight and lead a sedentary lifestyle or feel that your metabolism is slow, as well as have lost a significant amount of weight in the past, then calorie intake can be reduced by 25-30 per kilogram of body weight. If you are underweight, active, and feel like you have a fast metabolism, you could raise your daily calorie intake to 35-40 per kilogram of body weight.
2. Set your calorie intake above or below the above, depending on whether you want to gain or lose weight, respectively. In most cases, a calorie deficit of 20-35% is suggested for burning fat. To increase muscle mass, an excess of 10 to 25% is recommended.
3. Use frequent calorie intake measurements to better track progress. Comparing — the best tool, but it can play games with you — especially if you are relatively thin and trying to get even thinner. For this reason, you should rely on your clothing measurements, photos taken at regular intervals, where you are wearing the same clothes and standing in the same lighting. It will be more convenient if you have the opportunity to measure the percentage of fat in your body. Do this regularly every 2 to 4 weeks.
4. Based on the body weight trends you see, you can change your calorie intake. If the goal is to reduce body fat, you can use this diet to lose 1% of your body weight per week. If the goal is weight gain, then aim for an increase of 400 to 500 grams per week on average. If after two to four weeks no change occurs, then change the amount of calories taken by 10% in one direction or another accordingly.
5. Check your parameters and repeat steps 3 and 4 if you have reached your goal or if this goal has changed.
To achieve positive results for your figure, you will have to spend a lot of time and keep yourself within tight limits. You should not have to worry about whether your calorie intake is correct»or not. If your own estimate is inaccurate, the above process will reveal this fact, and you will need to make the necessary adjustments to your daily menu. This process will take a long time. And remember that the process of changing weight is not a sprint. It's a marathon.
If you liked this article, we recommend you read it
- The Miracle Chia Seeds: A Complete Review of Health Benefits
- Preparing for a Competition: Proper Nutrition to save the form
- Если Вам понравилась статья, рекомендуем почитать
- Top 5 best healthy food deliveries in Voronezh for 2023
- Casino Monro: Your portal to the world of gambling